Monday, January 19, 2009

Brain Dump

Breast or Bottle? Now this is not an open forum for le leche to comment. I have been struggling with nursing Coleman, which is weird because I didn't have a problem with my other boys and you would think it just gets easier. For some reason, Coleman is NOT satisfied with just nursing. He cries like 20 minutes later and wants more. I know what you are thinking, I probably don't produce enough milk, but when I pump I get just as much as I feed him in a bottle. Its a mystery. So for now I am doing every other feeding with formula....makes my life much easier, mostly for this reason. But I still can't help but feel guilty, I'm not sure why.
What is the deal with men, they just don't get newborns, Justin is great, but he definitely isn't as patient with the crying, stomach aches, awake when you want to sleep moments. I did however catch an adorable moment here.

Lincoln is still trying to get better, everyday he asks if he can watch a movie on my bed and then falls asleep about 20 minutes into it. Also he has been coming into our room crying in the mornings saying, "Mommy someone turned on the light...I don't want the light (sun)". Another little trick Linc has recently learned is how to take off his pants and diaper. He does this every time he goes to the bathroom, so you would think he is ready to be trained?? Well he screams when I put underwear on him and quickly takes them off and has yet to go on the toilet......But this is far better progress than we had with Jack who was almost 4.
This is cute, Jack is playing right now with his friend Connor. They are playing with his train set which has little wooden people, some of which have clothes and a face and some are just the silhouettes. Well Jack is telling Connor a story about how he lived in Heaven a long time ago with people they loved. And now he came to earth and is a tool man (now holding up the construction man with a face and clothes).....So cute huh, I guess FHE and primary really do sink in to these little rascals. Just when I thought he couldn't be any cuter I hear him singing "I lived in Heaven" which is the primary song for the month that they have been learning.....Oh I love being a mom at moments like these.

Is any one else bored of Desperate housewives? yesterday I fell asleep watching that stupid episode...come on writers I don't care about the neighborhood handyman. We are thinking of switching to Direct TV so I can watch Bravo...do any of you have it and what do you think. Right now we have Dish Network and I like it fine, I just want to watch the Real Housewives on Bravo. I know I watch too much TV, don't judge!

Having a dryer that doesn't have heat sucks! It basically air dries all of the clothes and so it takes like 3 hours to dry a load. With a baby who is spitting up (yes unfortunately so, why can't I just have one child who doesn't do this!) it creates a ton of laundry and I feel like I am never going to catch up.

I should be getting my settlement from my accident in like a week....Stay tuned for pictures of my new couches and kitchen table, I am so excited. I would be hit again any day if it means new furniture for my house :)

Sorry I know this is a long boring post but Shauna is out of town and Justin tunes me out half of the time so I'm a little chatty.

11 comments:

The Nicks Family said...

I want you to know that there is no need to feel guilty if you feed Coleman formula! You can only do so much, and I would be doing the same thing!!! The pictures are adorable!!!

Marty and Debbi said...

All your boys are so cute!!!!! I am so sorry about the dryer still maybe some $ will go to a new dryer too ? Lincoln is a crack up he knows what he is doing...guess he gets the stubborn streak from us Oh no!

Rissa and Jared said...

Bravo is so worth it. Not just Housewives but Project Runway, Top Chef and...other stuff I can't remember. I have a love/hate relationship with Housewives right now, but I've heard they are gonna do a Vegas series and you will not wanna miss that! In the meantime, they are on our Tivo if you ever wanna watch

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

Hey, I love chatty posts! I had a real hard time when I found out I couldn't breastfeed Emma. I was all prepared and I just never made enough. I haven't been able to feed any of my kids that way, they are all formula. What can you do though, You are doing great. I love moments when the kids play nice and remember what they are being taught in primary and at home.(Zack was singing his primary songs today).

Laura Campbell said...

If it makes you feel any better about the whole breastfeeding thing...I stopped breastfeeding Alyssa at 2 months old, just because I plain hated it. She was doing fine with it, but I just couldn't stand it any longer. I don't regret my decision because you gotta do whatever is going to get you through the day. :-) And she is now a totally healthy, smart 6 year old. I know there are benefits to breastfeeding so that's why I always do it as long as I can, but in the end, I really think formula is totally fine.

The Enloe Family said...

Oh my, your boys are sooo cute!!! I loved your christmas card by the way!!! Isn't it awesome having three boys !!! Girls scare me !!! Hey you can take fenugreek-it's an herbal supplement that helps increase your milk. I took 3 pills 3 times a day when I was pumping for my friend and nursing Owen. Do what works though, seriously, it's not worth your sanity going out the window. Good luck-your boys are seriously so adorable!!!

Melissa said...

Love the pics Meg, and counting the days until we see you guys,...right?
~Melissa

Charis said...

I love that picture of Jack feeding Coleman. Glad you have a little helper, to hopefully give you a little Megan time :-)

Kiley said...

First off the pictures are so cute. Second, I LOVE BRAVO. I know you will to. trust me.

Carl and Starla said...

Ok, do you remember how guilty I felt when I decided that breast feeding Delanie was just too hard for me & I switched to bottle feeding? Well, I felt REALLY guilty about it, even after she was a year old I felt guilty about it, but honestly, she is just as healthy & happy as any other 4 year old who was breast fed. I look back and think, "What was the big deal? Why did I feel so freakin' guilty and put all that unneccessary pressure on myself?" There are much bigger things in life to stress out about than "should I breast feed or bottle feed". Your baby gets fed and satisfied either way, right?! I personally think that the decision to breast feed or bottle feed is not only what is best for the baby, but what is best for the mother. If breast feeding is not enjoyable and is a stressful thing, then how much bonding is really going on there? None. I felt much more bonded with Delanie after I started bottle feeding her because I was able to relax and acutally enjoy my baby while she ate. Also, Skye absolutely hated breast feeding. It was a constant battle with her & again, once I switched to bottle feeding she was happier, and that made me happier. I do think "breast is best" for most situations, but not everyone can fit in the same box. There are exceptions to things and if your baby doesn't seem satisfied with the breast milk, maybe that is an exception. Do what ever you think is best for you and your baby, not what others have to say about it. But definitely, DEFINITELY don't feel guilty! Good luck!

Carie said...

Megan ,I don't know you very well, but I love to come read your blog and see my distant relatives.( I still can't believe that my little cousing Justin has 3 kids!!! I am old!!!) I just wanted to add in here........don't worry about not breastfeeding. I had to feed our son formula cause he just was not happy on breast milk, and I was stressed out. The minute I decided to go to formula we were both happier. I still look back and wish I could have breast fed, but my son is healthy and happy, and I couldnt ask for anything more. You have 3 handsome and sweet boys, and you are doing a great job, enjoy every minute with them! Thank you for sharing your pictures and stories here, I so love to read what is going on and keeping up with all the Patricks!!!!

Love ya