Friday, August 29, 2008

Luck?

Well last night after leaving Bunco I was feeling pretty lucky! After 6 months of NEVER winning a single prize, last night i took home the best prize, so I was excited. Well my luck quickly ran out. On the way home I was in an accident. On St. Rose Pkwy at Bermuda. The guy in from on me was going to turn onto Bermuda when he noticed the cones and quickly swerved back into my lane....not a problem, i wasn't following close and a quick tap of my brakes was all I needed to avoid any accident, or I thought. After the car had turned out of no where I was rear ended. The lady obviously wasn't paying attention or was following me to close and ran into me at about 50mph. We were both fine, my car held up pretty good (makes me love my VW even more when I realized how good it withstood the impact), her's on the other hand did not, it was totally crunched up to the windshield. of course it took forever for the police to arrive, then i went to the hospital and my doctor wanted the baby monitored for 2 hours. Everything is FINE! So I guess I really am lucky, the extent of my injuries is a busted thumb nail, which by the way hurts really bad, and I am getting stiffer my the hour. I will post a picture of the cat soon, I'm just way to tired to do that now, we didn't get home from the hospital until 2:45am!

14 comments:

RufflesAndFringe said...

So glad that everything is okay. What a pain!

Crouch6 said...

Megan, I'm so sorry! Glad you are ok.

familyof4 said...

I'm glad you are ok.

Cami said...

Oh, I am so sorry. I hate dealing with accidents, but am so glad that you and the baby are okay. You may need to call that gal that gave you the massage again...call me if you need anything(I'll be home Tues.)

Mitz said...

That TOTALLY sucks, I'm so sorry to hear about that. You really did luck out with no major injuries. Wow!

Danielle said...

Wow Megan!! I am so glad everything is okay!

Carl and Starla said...

How freaky! Sorry that happened. As for the being sore, I would get that massage therapist you posted about earlier & get a good massage to smooth out those kinks! Good luck! I am glad that you made it out ok!

Jessica said...

So sorry Megan, but I am glad you and the baby are okay. Don't let her insurance force you into closing the medical claims too soon. Dave was in an accident in Jan. and has been seeing the chiropractor ever since. They finally just closed out the claims to submit to the other driver's insurance. Make sure if you are totally okay before you sign anything away.

Nat Lud said...

So glad to hear that you are ok. And that you won a prize! That is always a blast. :)

Lindsay Griffeth said...

OH, man! The price you had to pay for a prize. :)

I was in a car accident when I was pregnant with Nate and it was such a relief knowing everything was fine with him. Glad you are both OK!

Tracie said...

so sorry- but i too am glad that everyone is ok!

Rissa and Jared said...

yikes! so glad you and the babe are okay. and that you won a bunco prize!

katierose said...

yikes! i'm glad that you and your little bebe are okay. i guess the silver lining is that bunco prize :).

Marty and Debbi said...

Glad you waited to call us....on the other hand we may have been on our way there. You were so blessed we are so glad the baby and you are ok You didn't tell me about your thumb 8-( Did you get the rental car yet?