Friday, August 24, 2007

Never Leave Your Purse in your Car!

Okay so today I went to the gym, just like most days except for my mom is in town so I didn't have my kids with me. When I got there I thought to myself....what should I do with my bag? So I just put in under the front seat of my car.(Usually I leave my bag in the childcare place, they put it behind the counter for you) So when I got to my car after my workout to my surprise the passanger front window had been shattered, and my purse from under the seat was gone. So I had someone at the gym come and clean out the glass while I quickly called the bank and all of my credit cards to report them stolen. Then I went to the police station and filed a report with them. I have been on the phone all day trying to get everything done. Out of all of the cards fo far they have gotten away with the following:

1. $409 at Target on my Target Card
2. $548 at Target on another Credit Card
3. 8 different cash advances for $217 each
4. $58 at a coffee shop

So lets Just say its been a great day! Luckily we are covered for all of the fraudulant charges.

6 comments:

Shauna said...

ohhhhhhhh sucky megs. that is horrible. and i hate to be debbie downer but your window is going to cost a lot to fix.

Tracie said...

Wow, I am so sorry. That is really really crappy. It is such a hassle. Sorry to hear that.

Bethany said...

That's really annoying! I'm sorry. However, it's safe to say that whoever took part in it is REALLY screwed! Karma ya know. Oh yeah, and atleast you have your phone:)

Danielle said...

Oh Megan that really sucks!! Hope everything turns out okay

sarah said...

That totally sucks. I know I am in for it too, we leave our keys in the car. So I think I will come out and find my car missing one of these days.
I hope everything works out.

Camille said...

Oh crap!! I just read this- that is so crazy! I've left my purse in the car a couple of times. Never again!! I am so sorry all that has happened. Can't believe they used that much on your cards that quick! Wow, I bet you are pissed!!