Friday, January 15, 2010

Christmas Eve

We headed home to California for Christmas this year. We haven't been for 3 years so it was about time. We loaded up the truck (thankfully because we had A LOT of stuff to bring) and we off for a nice long week of vacation.

It was funny because just as we passed Bakersfield on the way Jack says, "Oh here come the trees, we must be in California"...which is so funny and a bit sad that he never sees real trees here in Vegas.

We spent Christmas Eve at Grammy's house and did the normal traditions that I have done my whole life. Movie, Candlelit dinner, open one present etc.


The boys were so excited to leave out cookies for Santa that they made with Aunt Erin. Lincoln has on no pants, i had the cutest matching Christmas PJ's and of course he spilled red juice on them, so they were in the dryer quickly before he went to sleep. I wanted to be sure he was in his cute Christmas PJ's for the morning pictures ( it was very important for me!)

Here they are all tucked in their beds. Daddy read the story of Christ's birth and then they went right to sleep without any argument of course. They were tracking Santa online all day.

My mom's house isn't very big and we were all there, except Aunt Shauna (sad face) so our family took my moms room (thanks mom) and we talked Uncle Jordan and Aunt Kristine into having Coleman in their room..........Unfortunately Coleman woke up around 3:30am and was wide awake even after his bottle. I didn't want the whole house to wake up and especially not the kids so Coleman and I went for about a 45 minute drive until I saw him yawning and getting sleepy again......NOT FUN!!! He NEVER does this and of course would pick Christmas Eve to do so....Who knows maybe Uncle Jordan snores really loud :)



Also while we were there we went to the temple and Justin baptized my brother Jordan for my grandpa on my moms side. It was a really special experience especially to see Justin and Jordan, Im lucky to have strong priesthood holders in my life and for examples to my boys. The spirit was very strong in the temple that day and I think it lit a spark in all of us to do more work so thanks mom for that opportunity.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks to Justin & Jordan for being worthy to perform the baptism and confirmation. It was very special to me and I loved having you there with me to share in the joy!!