Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Utah

After California we got in the car and headed to Utah for a little Patrick family reunion. My sister-in-law Melissa and I decided to leave early Wednesday morning so that we could just get there. So we caravaned and it was HORRIBLE! It took us 13 hours with the time change and driving that long by yourself is a challenge. I love Justin and I take advantage of the fact that he normally drives and I can nap because I actually fell asleep at the wheel and almost killed my family! Yikes, I will never take that risk again!

The first day there we went up to Snowbird and to the Alpine slides there. It was beautiful!! Here is Grandma with the little ones that couldn't ride, Eliza and Coleman.

Papa went down with Lincoln.

I went down with Jack

Jack pulling the slide up.

Here are the boys waiting in line for the slide.....absolutely gorgeous (the boys and the scenery)

Lincoln and I going up on the ski lift....my favorite part.

Jack rode up with Papa

As we were leaving Snowbird we were walking by a little stream. Jack was saying it was a river and then he said, "I think it's going to lead to Jordan's flow" (from the Baptism primary song)

We also went to the Ochre Temple open house. It was one of the most beautiful temples I have been through. When we went into the sealing room for a little explaination Papa was holding Coleman and luck would have it they say right in front of the mirror that you can see your reflection forever...well Coleman got a kick out of watching himself and was laughing the entire time. It was really loud, but really stinking cute!

When we were about to go in I was explaining to Jack that this was like his favorite song, "I love the see the Temple...I'm going there someday"..... His reply was, "Yeah mom, but I don't think we're going to feel the Holy Spirit"...it was cute, of course I told him that if he was reverent he could.
Trying to get a picture of the 3 boys is nearly impossible. We took professional family pictures while we were there and I sure hope I can manage to get a decent one.

The first night after our long car ride we stayed with my brother Jordan. I was going to let the kids stay up but Jack was exhausted, I thought this was cute.

Daddy FINALLY arrived on Friday night, man was I happy. No more 2 weeks apart from him for a LONG time!
This is while we were waiting to take pictures, Coleman was practicing his smile with Daddy. I promise Justin does not have that many chins...its the picture, but it was too darn cute not to post.

The boys had so much fun playing with ALL of their cousins. This was them the whole way home from Utah....well that is after Lincoln threw up TWICE!


And now for some AWESOME news, well to me at least. Coleman can now hold his own bottle! YEAH my life is now a little easier.

6 comments:

Shauna said...

lincoln doesnt look like he liked that slide very much.

Coleman is so big i cant even stand it. it makes me sad.

Bethany said...

So I guess 3 days is rebound time to get back into the swing of things. I just updated too. We had so much fun with you. Hope your backside is feeling better.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I didn't know you went to Utah, too! You are brave to drive alone . . . I'm impressed. :) We'll send you with some serious caffeine next time. :)

Glad you're back!

The Tanner Family said...

Yeah I did the whole driving alone this past week to. Not fun at all. I love the picture with coleman and justin..way cute!

Kristine L. said...

Jack and those squinty eyes...

Those pictures are so cute. I am glad we got to see you guys for a bit! Come back soon!

Rissa and Jared said...

um, I love the Alpine Slide. and i've totally fallen asleep at the wheel a few times and it's the worst feeling when you jerk awake and realize what happened!