Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Jackism's

For some reason Jack did not want me to park and walk him up to the Kindergarten gate this morning. He wanted me to just let him get out in the drop off lane (which eventually we will do, but its only the 3rd day of school!) So as I park and turn off the car he starts huffing and puffing and then he said this,

"Mom, listen, Jesus wants 5 year olds to walk by themselves....not with their moms!"

So yeah...nice huh, what is happening here? He's 5!!! And then I ask him how school is...he can't remember, or he tells me that he got to play on the playground. Already he is being a typical boy and not offering any info.

3 comments:

The Tanner Family said...

That is so cute! Though I would be kind of sad....they just grow up to fast!

Kristine L. said...

Haha... he's getting sassy!

THE ARMSTRONGS said...

It looks like you've raised him to be confident and pretty sure of his abilities...that's a good thing! Don't worry, he still needs you. I love the short answers. It takes a lot of probing sometimes doesn't it? I'm glad he's liking school! Love, Rebecca