Sunday, September 30, 2007

Update on Lincoln

We did have to take Lincoln into the ER on Saturday. He was panting againg and in so much pain for about and hour and a half. It didn't let up all night while we were there either. he didn't have a fever or any signs of being sick, so the dr wanted some x-rays done of his stomach and lungs. When those were done the dr noticed something abnormal and so he ordered for a barium enema ( which basically means they gave him an enema with this white stuff and he was under the x-ray machine while the radiologist watched the go through his colon and instestines) they were check for a sign of blockage or that his Large intestine was swallowing the small intestine. That too came back fine, so we were relieved. The reason why the x-rays looked strange is because Lincoln from birth has a differnt colon path. Most of us the colon goes up over and kind of coils back down. Lincoln's goes up and over and then shoots straight down. They said it shouldn't ever cause problems but that we should know that is the casr with him. So we left the ER with the diagnosis of a stomach virus. I guess some flu's can slow down the intestine and so while Lincoln is producing gas the intestine is having a hard time squeezing it out so it is building up in the poor little guy and that is whats causing all of thae pain. We got a perscription for some drops that calm the stomach and help with the contracting. So far today they have seemed to work. He is exhausted though, yesterday was rough on him and he didn't sleep too well last night either. I need to follow up with his pediatrition on Monday and I will keep you all posted.

5 comments:

Charis said...

I am sure you have been so worried about your little guy. You wish they could just tell you exactly how they feel I am sure. I hope he continues to get better.

Tracie said...

Keep us posted. That sounds horrible.

Kristine L. said...

Aw, that poor little guy. I am glad that he is alright though!

Nat Lud said...

I hope he is feeling better. That is such a bummer when the kids are sick. And the ER is never fun!

Bethany said...

Wow! I wish I was there to snuggle my little buddy. I wish I had some home remedy:) You're very good parents for taking him to the doctor. Give that cutie a kiss from his auntie:)