Sunday, April 19, 2009

Baseball

So Jack had his first baseball game of the season yesterday. He is one the "Tigers". I made the team banner again, it turned out pretty cute, i think i will be a team banner pro before we know it! This season he is playing in the 5-6 year old league . So he is the youngest one on his team, we thought it would help him a lot playing with the older kids. Oh by the way do you like that his team color is white? I think its weird and after last night I think I am going to have to stock up on stain remover (why in the world do they have to play on that red dirt, it is so hard to get out!)

It was quite a warm day, Coleman was so cute in his shorts (which barely fit him, he is growing out of 9 months clothes and he isn't e3ven 5 months yet, I guess i have to shop this week!) Who is the strange grandpa holding him? Who knows just some stange grandpa at the game watching his grandson, asked Justin if he could hold Coleman. It was pretty cute.

We were so proud of Jack he did fantastic, it was such a difference from last season. He played right field (didn't see much action out there) but he was in ready position and saying "hey batter batter". And he didn't have to use the Tee once! He was up to bat 3 times, the coach pitches to them and they get like 5 tries to hit it before the Tee and he hit it every time. Everyone was shocked.
It was pretty funny after the game they stood in line and gave the other team high fives and told them good game, and then both teams huddled for their cheer. Well, Jack got confused and went to the other teams huddle. With Jack being so young the coaches are really good about keeping there eye out for Jack so they noticed he was missing and were calling for him telling him he was with the wrong team. Jack just looked back and waved for them to come over. It was sooo funny, I wish I would have had my camera.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Jack looks so big and so handsome in his uniform. I wish I could have been there! Sounds like Coleman has skipped a whole size! Big bruiser but soooo cute. Just chillin on the stranger's lap. Go Tigers!!
(The banner looks professional!)

Kiley said...

That is way cute! Yeah, white for baseball?! I agree weird. Thats funny about the strange grandpa, the whole time I was wondering who the heck is holding Coleman! That is cute though

Camille said...

I'm so jealous! I love baseball and can't wait for Noah to play, but he tells us that he likes all the sports but he is only playing football.... grrr! WE'll see.
Tell Jack that I played outfield too! I love the outfield... ;)
Maybe we'll have to come out someday and see one of Jacks games.
Where did you sign up and what does it cost you?

Carie said...

Love the baseball pictures!! Kyle has played in white the past two years, and I wonder the same thing you do!!! Get some "SHOUT" and spray the heck out of them!!! ( we scotch guarded the pants first, that seemed to help keep the stains away!!! Hope it helps!!) White does look nice, until they slide and get all dirty!!! Have fun and enjoy! Kyle has his first game tonite, we are so excited, he plays catcher!

The Tanner Family said...

what a cute little guy! I found your blog:) that is very funny about the old grandpa guy..I cant wait to put Daxton in something.

Becky said...

Your boys are so adorable. It does look like fun.