Saturday, November 29, 2008

Surprise!

Yesterday morning I woke up early with my Sister-in-law Kristine to go to the sales at Target. I was having some cramping but didn't think much of it. When we got home about an hour later however I noticed that I was bleeding....here we go again, nothing can ever go as planned with my kids. We checked into the hospital here in Provo and they began monitoring me. We were here all day and my contractions were getting closer and closer and harder and harder. Finally the doctor decided the best thing for me and baby was to deliver. We headed in the OR at around 9pm and the baby was born at 9:40pm. 6 lbs, 6 oz, 19 1/2 inches, Coleman Russell Patrick. Unfortunately since he was a little over 4 weeks early his lungs are not completely developed so he is spending some time on and ventilator right now in the NICU. We hope he will come off of that today so that I can FINALLY hold him. So my trip to Utah has become a longer trip, he will be in the NICU they are predicting for a week.

16 comments:

Cami said...

Oh my gosh!! I hope you are doing ok. What a surprise! Are you able to come home anytime soon? I can help with whatever when you get home. I'm glad that everything is ok and i hope little baby patrick will soon be released in full health as well as you. Let me know what I can do, ok.

The Nicks Family said...

Oh Megan I hope that you guys are doing okay. I am glad that he is, for the most part, okay. I hope that he can come home sooner than that. Let me know what I can do to help you!! I can't wait to hear what name you pick!

Emily said...

Congrats Megan!! I am just a 20 minutes away if you need ANYTHING! Good luck!

Andy said...

We love you guys. Glad everything went well. We like the name Coleman. We will officially be calling him Cole Man around here. We are thinking about you guys.

Sadie said...

Wow! What a vacation. Your OB is going to feel pretty jipped not being able to charge the delivery fee. We hope that you are doing well. Good luck with your new munchkin. Aside from the c-section don't you feel great to not be pregnant. Russell is my little Hudson's middle name. Good choice.

Kaity said...

Wow, congrats girl! That must have been quite a scare to be away from your own doctor and everything. I am glad you are doing well and I hope the little guy gets to come home soon. Charlie was in the NICU for a week and it was very difficult. Keep us posted on how it all works out. We love you guys.

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

Congratulations that he is here. Hopefully he comes home soon. Wow! So is Coleman not his name?

Charis said...

Congrats! A great Thanksgiving gift...at least you'll be home for christmas ;-) Love the name Coleman ;-)

Melissa said...

We love the pics on Facebook! He is so stout and I just can't wait to hold him, even though he will probably be 2 years old by then,...I still can't wait! Love you guys!
~Melissa

Anniebanannie said...

Congratulations! What a surprise. I hope that you are doing ok. Cute name:)

Danielle said...

Wow Megan!! That is a quite a surprise. I can't wait to see some pictures! I hope everything goes well and that you get to hold him soon!

Becky said...

Congratulations! How exciting and unexpected.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

OH, wow! And I LOVE the name. It was in my top 5 for Nate!

Hope you guys can come home soon. Happy to help with ANYTHING when you get here.

Marty and Debbi said...

We agree with Justin..he's his own lil man! He looks strong and so cute! We just booked Mom's flight and she can't wait to hold the lil guy! I'm so jealous! I'm excited to see you guys on the thirtieth.
Love Dad and Mom

familyof4 said...

oh my gosh! I hope everything is going well. What a surprise. Taylor is going to school 4 days a week so I'm feel every morning if you ever need anything! Congrats Again!

Nat Lud said...

Holy crap! That is quite the surprise. :) Hope all goes well and you are all home safe and sound soon! Can't wait to see pics!