Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Son is Growing Up

Its so crazy how time flies, Jack is getting so big. The other day he told me he was drawing Mickey and this was the finished product. I just love kids drawings, he was looking at a stuffed animal of Mickey and trying to hard to get it right, notice the buttons on his pants.

When I got home from the doctor's the other morning he comes running to me and says, "Mom, I'm so proud of you!" Okay I said, why. His response, "because I just love you so much, thank you for coming home!" So cute and precious.

But unfortunately with getting older comes the not so cute and not so precious things that come out of his mouth, like the other day when I heard him call Lincoln and "Stupid Little Jerk" i may need to bring out the soap for his mouth. I guess it is just part of growing up, I know he heard it somewhere, there is no getting around it, it's just scary to me the new things we will have to now face as parents.

7 comments:

Bethany said...

He's an artist in the making like his parents! He's so cute and he is getting sooo big!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

He's such a cute little kid!

I agree . . . it is a little scary to think about being parents (and kids, for that matter) in this world.

Amy said...

He is a minature Justin for sure. Such a cutie and I miss him and Lincoln so much. Can't wait to see them next week! Only 8 more sleeps!

Anniebanannie said...

His drawing looks so good. He's already on his way to becoming a little picasso.

Andrus Family said...

He is too cute!

So I'm all for you naming your son Graham, if you have a boy that is! In fact, I'd been saying the same thing to Ryan this past week, and then he finally read our blog (for the first time in forever!) and now he's anti the name!! So you'll have to use it for me. I can't wait for tonights episode!

Charis said...

What a cute story. I love his picture in the background, what a great talent do discover so early. I think my drawings would compare to his :-)

Marty and Debbi said...

The second comment sounds like a quote from 'Home Alone', has he watched that lately? Oh well we just have to watch out what we say and do and what is on TV, hard to do sometimes. max was copying everything we said last weekend like alittle parrot! They are adorable and good mannered, it will all be ok. Keep more good going in then bad and that's what will stick, don't we pray for this?