Monday, June 1, 2009

LEGO Party!

Last Friday we had Jack's LEGO Birthday Party....Here is a picture of the invite.

I made giant LEGOS out of shoe boxes by for decoration and the kids loved building with them, i made about 17 and am planning on making more to build forts and stuff....really fun for the boys.

Here is my attempt at a LEGO cake...not professional but Jack was thrilled!

We gave each of the boys small LEGO sets with a balloon to take home. If you can see in the background I also made a LEGO banner to hang that matched the invites....Justin was mad at me for this one, I just can't help myself!

Here is one of the things they built together.

Jack and his BEST FRIEND Connor.

I missed the blowing of the candles but here he is right after.


We played LEGO games like, "who can build the highest tower", "hot LEGO" with a giant LEGO, "who can find the most green LEGOS", etc.


Here is the group minus one friend who left a bit early. It was really fun to watch Jack interact with his school friends.

All and all the party was a success.......not again for a couple of years!

10 comments:

Monaca said...

You are so creative!! I rely on Party stores WAY too much, and spend WAY too much money at them :D

GREAT job Super Mom!!

Melissa said...

has he spent the 2 bucks yet? Love you guys...and I love the cake!

Camille said...

that's a cute idea. And I like that you had Lego games. That keeps it simple AND easy. noah is getting really into Legos. If he still is on his next b-day (i'm sure he will be for years) maybe we'll have to do a lego party!
Very cute and creative like always!

BTW- I had a nightmare last night- I lost everyones circus tickets and they wouldn't let us in the doors! LOL

Emily said...

You are SOO creative!!! It's not fair. You need to help me with my party ideas!

katierose said...

is there anything you can't do???? seriously. so great. happy birthday, jack!

Heather said...

How cute! It looks like everything turned out really well!

THE ARMSTRONGS said...

Those were such great ideas! Jack looks so happy. Nice work. Rebecca

Carl and Starla said...

What a fun party! Delanie had a Candy Land Party...it's funny how different boys & girls are, huh?! ha! Anyway, can you believe it was 5 years ago in hot Vegas that we had them! Crazy!

Jen said...

Hello :) I came across your blog while searching for Lego party ideas for my sons upcoming 6th birthday. I LOVE your invitations and was wondering if you would be willing to share how you made them. :) My email is jenmalexanderATgmailDOTcom

Brianna said...

as always, so cute and creative. you inspire me. :)