Thursday, December 4, 2008

Coleman's Home

Here are all of the pictures of the week. Brace yourself...there are a lot!

It was so hard not to be able to hold my baby for the first day, this was as close as I could get.

Things were scary for a while, I am glad I was so on drugs and out of it to know how bad it was. Here he is in his two different looks, the top is the ventilator tube down his throat and the bottom is the oxygen tubes in his nose.


Here is Justin in his surgery outfit. I think it is so funny!

Here is his third look and the one he had for most of his stay. This is his feeding tube he had down his nose. This one was so small and didn't seem uncomfortable to him at all. He had to have this in until he was nursing well enough to sustain him.

Justin's grandparents came to visit.
Jack and Lincoln taking a ride on my IV pole up to see baby brother in the NICU. Well they didn't get to go in, but they had a fun time playing in the family lounge while we visited.

These pictures are Justin and I holding Coleman for the first time. He was almost a day old.


Jack and Lincoln hanging out in my room. Every time they would come to visit Lincoln would say they were going to see mommies "NEW BED"

Coming Home
Grammy came to help while we were in the hospital.

Here is Coleman's little area in the NICU

Jordan and Kristine helped with the boys a ton. Kristine loved coming in to hold him.

I was rare to see this little guys eyes....still is

Jack was a little unsure at first. He was acting even a little scared of Coleman. Lincoln just yelled at the nurse carrying Coleman out to the car and told her to get out of the elevator.....He will take some convincing that having a little brother is a good thing.

Finally Kristine and I pretty much forced Jack to hold him and now he is obsessed with him.
We are home now and trying to still unpack and get life back to normal. I'm sure you will get sick of all the pictures to come of this cute little guy. We have an appt. tomorrow, he may have a bit of jaundice and I just got a call that his newborn screening THS (thyroid) results came back abnormal so we will keep you posted. He seems really healthy and is eating, sleeping and pooping really well so we've got this newborn thing down.

16 comments:

Sadie said...

It's so fun to have a new baby! I'm glad you are doing well. The pics of your little baby with all the tubes pulls at your heart strings. :( Good luck!

The Nicks Family said...

I am so glad that you are home! He is adorable!!! I hope that everything comes out fine and you guys can breath easier! Let me know if you need anything!

Kristine L. said...

I won't get sick of the pictures/posts! Keep em coming! I need all I can get to hold me over until December 19. Only 15 more days! WAHOO!

Kristine L. said...

And PS, you forgot that awesome picture of you with the towels all around your head... now THAT picture is hilarious.

Crouch6 said...

He is so cute. I think he does look like Lincoln! Glad you are home and everyone is doing good.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

He's so cute, Megan! I can't imagine having to go through what you just went through.

Please let me know when I can bring you dinner! In fact, I'll call you tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Wow… he is so cute, just a little kid.

Danielle said...

Oh Megan, I am so glad everything is going well. I can't wait to see him in January!

Becky said...

I am so glad he is home now. Congratulations. I promise that no one will get sick of your pictures. Everyone loves a newborn baby!

Nat Lud said...

He is so cute. What a roller coaster you've all been on! Glad you're all home now. That is so great!

Alex said...

So glad to hear you both are doing well. Megan, he is so little and cute!! I love the name Coleman too! He really does look like Lincoln in some of your pics...I can't wait to see him in person!

Jessica said...

He is so cute. I am glad you are all safe and well. The weird thing is that I thought as I looked at the picture the hallway that it looked like Utah Valley. Guess it was! I am glad that everything turned out alright.

Congrats on your new little arrival.

Camille said...

Oh I bet it is good to be home. I am so sorry you had to do the nicu thing, it can be scary. I hope he stays healthy and stong. I can't believe you have 3 little boys now! I'll give him a little time to grow before we come bombard you, but I have to come visit!!
Hope you are feeling well too...Did you have your infant carrier with you or did you have to buy a new one?? Did all 3 carseats fit on the way home?? So curious how that works.....up with 4, back home with 5! LOL Fun Fun!

katierose said...

congratulations, patrick family! megan, you are a beautiful mama. coleman is just so handsome...he fits right into your good-looking family! i'm glad that everyone is doing well!!!

Molliana said...

He is so tiny. I am way happy for you guys. I can't wait until I have one to play with! :) Those black and white pics are amazing.

THE ARMSTRONGS said...

Oh, Cole-man is such a cutie. I wish we could see him! Mom couldn't stop talking about him and the boys today on the phone. We miss you guys. Hope you had a great Christmas with Megan's family! Love, Rebecca