Friday, July 11, 2008

What a Deal!



So I was waiting until Shauna moved out to put Lincoln and Jack in the same room. As the time came I kept looking at our random beds, we had 2 twin beds, which are TOTALLY missed matched and barely fit in one room, and a toddler bed, which again is a totally different style than the others. I have just been dreaming of getting the boys bunk beds but with our budget it has just been a dream. Until yesterday I decided to look on Craig's list and found this beauty for $35, there was no picture so I was a little nervous to go look, but when we did we were pleasantly surprised! It looks adorable and as you can tell by these pictures they are in heaven! Tonight is the first night of putting them to bed in the same room and I am just cracking up, although they haven't yet escaped I can hear them in there whispering....so cute they are just totally brothers and so cute. We did have an accident however today, Lincoln fell down the ladder as he was trying to take both his pillow and blanket up at the same time, he will learn.
Okay and also today I was at Target looking at their adorable bedding and again dreaming of these quilts for they boys beds. But again with the budget spending $120 on two of them was just a dream. Until I was walking out and saw one of these quilts with a red clearance tag for $29, I don't know if it was mis-marked but with the luck I was having with deals I didn't even question it. I found another one (which didn't have the clearance tag) and hoped that they would give me the deal on both of them....and they did! So how about that, I new bunk bed and two new quilts for $95, Nicole are you proud of me! My sister in laws sister (Nicole) has this new fabulous blog about saving money so I was thinking of you Nicole as I was writing about my deals.

13 comments:

Amy said...

That is a real steal, Megan! We were just talking about bedspreads this afternoon & how you couldn't afford to get new ones and look at you - such a deal! And Grammy is very happy that the top bunk is so well protected. I was so worried about Jack falling out of bed & now I will sleep better tonight!

Nicole said...

Yay for you! I LOVE getting a good deal. Isn't it the best feeling? You get what you need without putting your budget out of whack. Looks like you got a great deal, the bedspreads are really cute. Way to go!

I keep trying to buy things on Craigslist, but have not yet have any success. I am going to keep trying though. I really need a new desk, in a BAD way.

Bunk beds are so fun. When Hallie and Avery first had theirs they would stay up and talk and talk, until we threatened to go make one of them sleep on the laundry room floor if they didn't get going to sleep. As annoying as it sometimes was at the time, I miss them sharing a room and doing that. It is so great when your kids get along and love each other. You must be an awesome mom!

Crouch6 said...

Good job Megan!!! That is the best feeling.

Emily said...

I want to get bunks beds for my boys, but I can't imagine being as lucky as you. Way to go!

Tracie said...

Those turned out so cute. Way to go! Now can find me a great deal on a dresser?

Jessica said...

Megan, This is the smallest world. I just stumbled across your blog through Katie's. Your family is so cute. Your boys are so grown up and congrats on the third one coming.

I used to know Nicole. She and I went to the same high school and were in Orchestra together and her younger sister Natalie is one of my sister's friends. I have links for Natalie and Nicole's blogs on mine.

Random. Anyway you look happy! daveandjesgordon.blogspot.com
Jessica Gordon

Charis said...

You did find fabulous deal, glad you were at the right place at the right time. Nothing feels better than getting what you want at a price you can afford :-)

Lindsay Griffeth said...

What an adorable room! I'm VERY impressed with your bargains!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

What an adorable room! I'm VERY impressed with your bargains!

Kate said...

That is SO cute! WE had bunk beds when we were kids and we loved them! That is so cute about them wispering at night, they are seriously TOO CUTE!

Marty and Debbi said...

How fun!!!!! They look even bigger now... It's amazing how some of these small events lead to such a change in the kids. They are so excited and feel so much more grown up. I wish it was end of August already can't wait to come visit you. I want to help with the nursery oxoxoxoxox

Kiley said...

Cute beds! What a deal. You're on a good luck streak! Did Shauna move out?

Camille said...

oh man, when I was looking for a twin for Noah on craigslist, I was thinking of getting bunkbeds for his future possible brother.....but all the bunkbeds I found were like $200 USED! ba-humbug!
So cool those were $35- GOOD JOB! and the bedding is really cute. I plan to get NOah a cute new bedspread from IKEA when we go to SeaWorld next month