Wednesday, October 3, 2007

5 Years!!!



This week we had our 5 year anniversary.....I can't believe it's only been that long. I got tagged with this a couple of times so I thought it would be fun to do it on our anniversary.

Where did you meet your husband?
Justin and I met at a church dance when I had just turned 17 and Justin was 15, almost 16. I was kind of seeing this other guy...but at the same time I noticed Justin at every dance. (These were dances put on in like a basement nightclub, by a member of the church....but were not actually put on by the church...but basically a church dance.) Well the guy that I was seeing left this particular dance early,a nd Justin took advantage of that!

What was the first thing you said to your husband?
Well he asked me to dance so I guess the first thing I said to him was "yes". We didn't talk much during the dance, we danced pretty close and I think both of us could tell we really liked eachother. I asked him to dance the next song just so he would know I was interested.

Where was your first date?
We went with a group to the movies, We saw "Dante's Peak".

Did you have a long courtship/Engagement?
Well we dated for 2 years, then I graduated highschool and moved to Provo, then during the summers when I would go home and after Justin graduated we would be together. So including writing on our missions We were pretty much together for 5 years. We were engaged two months after our missions and married 2 months after that.

Where did you get engaged?
We were visiting Justin's sister in Florida. We were snokling at Destin Beach. I decided that I wasn't a huge fan of snokling so I went and sat on the beach. Justin swam up to me and said, "Look at the cool shell I found" It was the ring, he had been snokling with it in his pocket.



Where did you get married?
We got married in the Oakland Temple, October, 3, 2002

Where did you honeymoon and how was it?
So much fun we went to Hawaii, we went to the Poynisian Cultural Center, on a Dinner Cruise and just hung out at the beach. it was so fun and in two weeks we are going on a Cruise through Mexico, I like to consider that our sencond Honeymoon!!!!

9 comments:

Camille said...

oh this is so cute!! In the 1st pic you look young but Justin looks like a 6th grader!! What a baby faced kid. All your younger pics are so cute!! Happy Anniversary!! Can't wait to see you tomarrow!! So much fun!!

Shauna said...

oh my gosh, are you wearing birkenstocks with that dress? FUNNY.

Charis said...

Happy Anniversary :-) How appropriate to have a 2nd honeymoon on your 5 year anniversary :-) You should honeymoon every 5 years.... that would be awesome!! Have a fabulous time on your cruise :-)

Tracie said...

Oh the memories! I love it. I hope y'all had a great anniversary. Are you taking the kids on the cruise??

Brandon, McKell & Ryker said...

I love all the old pictures. Brandon and I just had our 5th anniversary. Isn't it funny to see how different we look from when we got married. Happy Anniversary. Good luck with the next 5 years and enjoy your cruise. I am totally jealous, but I am going to be a little busy!

Bethany said...

I blew that one. Happy Anniversary! It seems like yesterday! Time flies. I'm definitely happy you're doing another honeymoon. Mexico here we come. Oh yeah, you look so beautiful in your wedding picture! :)

Nat Lud said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are adorable. Have a great time on your cruise!

Anniebanannie said...

happy anniversary! The pictures made me smile and brought back a few memories. Congratulations!

THE ARMSTRONGS said...

Megan, I almost forgot about your blond hair... maybe you should get some highlights for your cruise! haha.