Saturday, April 17, 2010

SOCCER

Anyone that knows us, knows that Justin hates soccer. So I just went ahead and signed the boys up without telling him and figured it would be easier to ask for forgiveness! We were getting tired of Baseball and Jack and Linc could play on the same team for one season, so I was excited, and then Justin actually got excited.

Today was there first day. Lincoln was thrilled when I picked up the uniforms and they were blue. He has wanted to wear it ever since.

It was pretty funny to watch and I must say that there is a lot more yelling involved than with baseball. Being the first game all of the kids were clueless. Jack was pretty good until he fell and then someone stepped on his finger. After that he played goalie and he did a better job than I thought.

Lincoln....well he was pretty much about 10 yards away from the other players at all times, just spinning and in his own world. Later he just walked out of the game in the middle of it and was crying then yells to me, "Mom, no one is letting me have a turn to get the ball!"

First game, lets hope things improve as the season progresses

4 comments:

Kristine L. said...

I wish we could come see them play! Jack's sunglasses crack me up.

The Tanner Family said...

lol loved Lincoln's thoughts:) Sounds like something Daxton would say:)

THE ARMSTRONGS said...

It's great they're on the same team, you'll only have to go to half the number of games! I love the buzz-cuts and the blue eggs of Linc's, and of course, the van! Love you all,
Rebecca

Carl and Starla said...

I love the uniforms! Our girls are in soccer and love it as well. YOur boys are so cute!